ITC’s April 2017 Theme: Life With Breast Cancer
03 Apr 2017
So, you’ve got breast cancer. Now what? We at I’m Taking Charge get it. You need answers, and we deliver them as best we can. We cover all aspects of life with breast cancer. We also cover your options are for treatment and breast reconstruction. But this month we’re really digging in. Instead of reporting on a handful of topics related to breast cancer and reconstruction, we’re focusing on the specifics of life beyond the diagnosis.
Topics We’ll Cover this Month, About Life With Breast Cancer
- Short term effects of breast cancer treatment and how to manage them.
- Long term side effects that you might encounter, and what you can do now to prepare or possibly even avoid them.
- We’ll talk with experts in several disciplines who offer advice on how to thrive emotionally and physically during and after breast cancer treatment.
- We’ll cover some common questions and answers about life with breast cancer.
- In the past, we’ve featured some helpful products and companies in our blog and podcast. We’re going to revisit them and some new ones that can help with your journey.
- Finally, do you ever wish there was something you could give to your friends and family to help them understand how to help you long term? We’ve got that covered too.
Additionally, throughout the month, we’ll give you a large sampling of how others have dealt with their diagnosis—including some “superhero” role models that model realistic ways to embrace life again, that appeal to breast cancer patients with different interests and personality types.
We’d Love to Hear from You!
If any of the topics this month spark your interest, head on over to our Facebook page and feel free to contribute your thoughts and/or start a discussion. I’m sure our other readers would love to join in and share their experiences, perspectives or resources that have helped them to thrive amidst breast cancer.
01 Aug 2017 - I'm Taking Charge - Life After Breast Cancer